At Southern Pines Spay & Neuter Clinic, an appointment is not needed for feral or outdoor cats. We accept outdoor and community cats for spay/neuter services on Mondays and Tuesdays with no appointment during our regular business hours.
- Feral, outdoor or community cats are unowned cats who live outdoors. Community cats can live in rural and suburban areas and commonly live in large groups, or colonies.
- Feral cats may be brought into our clinic with no appointment for spay/neuter surgery Monday through Tuesday of each week (excluding holidays closures) during our business hours. Please call us at (601) 544-5678 if you have any questions regarding drop off days and times.
- All outdoor cats must come into the clinic in a secure humane live trap, which can be purchased at most hardware and garden supply stores. The trap must remain with the cat during its stay. For the safety of the animals and our staff, we will not accept feral cats that are not in a trap.
- Due to the volume of pets we serve each day, some outdoor cats may be held at our clinic overnight for surgery on the following day. We will notify you of your cat's discharge day and time upon intake.
- All feral cats will receive an ear-tip to show that they have been altered.
- All feral cats will receive a rabies vaccination at the time of surgery. A rabies certificate and tag will be provided to you at discharge.
- Surgery and vaccinations will be provided at our regular fees.
- Please do not mislead our staff by putting a tame cat in a trap in order to avoid making an appointment for your pet.
- Questions? Feel free to contact us at (601) 544-5678 Monday through Friday, 7:45 am - 4:00 pm.